Hello On January 16th I had an abortion and by 18th the pregnancy was terminated. Any chance that i could get pregnant?

Patient

Q: Hello. On January 16th I had an abortion and by the 18th the pregnancy was terminated. On the 23rd my dr removed some blood clots but not any actual pregnancy. On the 28,29, and 30th I had unprotected sex. Is there any chance I could get pregnanct?

Doctor

Thanks for the query,
If you had undergone complete abortion on 18th jan, then from that very date you entered into a new cycle, so when you had intercourse on 28,29,30th jan, it is likely that you were in the initial days of your fertile period and you may get pregnant.
However, the best way to rule out pregnancy would be to perform a serum beta hcg test 7 days post sex, i.e on 6th feb onwards to check for hcg levels. If the hcg levels are more than 1, then pregnancy is confirmed else if less than 1, pregnancy is ruled out completely.
I hope I have a answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards