Hello! Pls, comment on this blood test

Patient

Q: Hello! Pls, comment this blood test.

LEUCOCYTES. 9.0 x10^3/uL
NEUTROPHILS. 83
LYMPHOCYTES. 15
MONOCYTES. 1
EOSINOPHILS 1
PLATELETS. 238
MPV 10.80%
PCT 0.25%

Blood film Normohronyc Normocytic red blood cels
Leucocytes & platelets appear normal

Doctor

A:   Hi. Thank you for writing to us.

You have no mentioned units in your question, but it seems like all is normal in the Blood report.

I will briefly explain each answer and tell you the normal range.

Leukocytes - these are the white blood cells or the police of the body - 6,000 to 11,000/ml

Differential leukocyte count - This is a ratio of the different type of WBC seen in the blood - Neutrophil: Lymphocytes: Monocyte: Eosinophil - normal range - 60-80:20-40:1:1

Platelets range - 150,000-400,000 - Yours are assumed to be 238,000 which is normal as well

MPV stands for Mean Platelet Volume - The range of MPV is 7.5 to 11.5 fL

You have written PCT which stands for procalcitonin. This seems a bit out of place since it is not a commonly tested blood parameter. However, your PCT range is also normal. But there may be a bacterial infection.

Your Red blood cells and White blood cells appear normal and hence, you need not worry about anything in your blood report.

I hope this helps you. Do talk to a Doctor for more information.