Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello! Pls, comment on this blood test

Hello! Pls, comment on this blood test

Patient: Hello! Pls, comment this blood test.LEUCOCYTES. 9.0 x10^3/uLNEUTROPHILS. 83LYMPHOCYTES. 15MONOCYTES. 1EOSINOPHILS 1PLATELETS. 238MPV 10.80%PCT 0.25%Blood film Normohronyc Normocytic red blood celsLeucocytes & platelets appear normal

Doctor: Hi. Thank you for writing to us.You have no mentioned units in your question, but it seems like all is normal in the Blood report.I will briefly explain each answer and tell you the normal range.Leukocytes – these are the white blood cells or the police of the body – 6,000 to 11,000/mlDifferential leukocyte count – This is a ratio of the different type of WBC seen in the blood – Neutrophil: Lymphocytes: Monocyte: Eosinophil – normal range – 60-80:20-40:1:1Platelets range – 150,000-400,000 – Yours are assumed to be 238,000 which is normal as wellMPV stands for Mean Platelet Volume – The range of MPV is 7.5 to 11.5 fLYou have written PCT which stands for procalcitonin. This seems a bit out of place since it is not a commonly tested blood parameter. However, your PCT range is also normal. But there may be a bacterial infection.Your Red blood cells and White blood cells appear normal and hence, you need not worry about anything in your blood report.I hope this helps you. Do talk to a Doctor for more information.