Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello quick question I work at a group home with

Hello quick question I work at a group home with

Patient: Hello quick question I work at a group home with 6 clients and one client has had a really bad rash for 3 months and when they took him to the dermatologist they said he had scabies shouldn’t the client be isolated due to him spreading the scabies mites? All my co workers are worried and so am I…. please help

Doctor: Hello thanks for your health query on ATD.Yes, your apprehension is justified. The person can spread the scabies to other people. Once properly treated he will become non-infectious. There is also need of sanitizing his clothes & linens.Hope you got me.