Hello, recently had a medical abortion

Patient

Q: Hello, recently had a medical abortion. Had misoprostol on Thursday and now I'm feeling very weak and feverish. I was wondering if I should seek medical attention

Doctor

Weakness and fever are known side effect of misoprostol. You can have a paracetamol tablet to relieve you of the symptoms. Kindly see a doctor to complete the abortion process and an examination as if left unattended, fever can be a sign of infection too which can lead to sepsis and life threatening side effects caused by incomplete abortion by pills. Drink plenty of water and have a good diet rich in nutritious supplements.

Hope this helped.