Hello, since November 2014 to now I have been getting

Q: Hello, since November 2014 to now. I have been getting sick off and on with with a cold or sinus infection that causes me to start coughing so bad that it makes me throw up and when i cough, i hAve been coughing up Mucus. I have went to the doctor to get a precription to help me and I get better and then within a month, I am sick again with the same thing.

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Sinus infections can be really bad as they are chronic and resistant.
They also provide a constant nidus of throat infection because of post nasal drip.
I will advise you to get a CT of the paranasal sinuses done, and if it shows evidence of infection, then you can discuss with your ENT about a surgery which will remove the sinuses. It is also called FESS or Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery.

Hope this was helpful,