Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, since November 2014 to now I have been getting

Hello, since November 2014 to now I have been getting

Patient: Hello, since November 2014 to now. I have been getting sick off and on with with a cold or sinus infection that causes me to start coughing so bad that it makes me throw up and when i cough, i hAve been coughing up Mucus. I have went to the doctor to get a precription to help me and I get better and then within a month, I am sick again with the same thing.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Sinus infections can be real ly bad as they are chronic and resistant.They also provide a constant nidus of throat infection because of post nasal drip.I will advise you to get a CT of the paranasal sinuses done, and if it shows evidence of infection, then you can discuss with your ENT about a surgery which will remove the sinuses. It is also called FESS or Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery.Hope this was helpful,Regards