October 18, 2018

Hello, so a couple weeks ago I was vomiting

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, so a couple weeks ago I was vomiting

Patient: Hello , so a couple weeks ago I was vomiting everything I eat, I was having hot flashes & my period was 5 days late. When my period finally came it was pink & didn’t stay on very long. Now I have stomach cramps through out the day & my stomach has a bloated feeling with a pulling / stretching feeling and also my pregnancy test came up negative. What could It be?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.these are typical PMS symptoms which have continued due to delayed and scanty menstrua tion in the previous cycle and progesterone inadequacy during the due date of periods. It is likely that you may experience bleeding in the form of spotting again to shed the old endometrium. The previous cycle may have been delayed due to stress-induced hormonal imbalances which are common in this strenuous lifestyle and cause possible disruption in menstrual pattern. So just maintain a menstrual calendar for next few months to understand the pattern of bleeding and if polymenorrhagia exists then you may visit your Physician for a detailed examination and labs.Hope this helps.Regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No