Hello, So for the past 3 days I have this weird

Patient

Q: Hello,

So for the past 3 days I have this weird sensation of sunburn in my upper back. I really don't know what to think of it, it happened together with a flu, seems like I have recovered from the flu, but the sensation is still there. I wouldn't say it's painful or anything, but the skin is sensitive at the back and front (upper body part), I believe it might have to do something with anxiety, it's not bad, but I am person that tends to worry quiet a bit for no reason sometimes, specially at night before sleep, what could this be?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Thanks for the question.

It is possible that the flu caused your body to be sensitive to allergens or to the sun. Your body may have begun to produce antibodies against the skin. This can cause redness and pain.

This is one theory. It is also possible that medication caused a reaction in the body. Regardless of the cause, it is difficult to diagnose without an examination. I recommend that you talk to a Doctor who will examine you.

Once examined, he can help you with home remedies or with medical treatment. All the best.