Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello , So my partner and I have been having

Hello , So my partner and I have been having

Patient: Hello ,So my partner and I have been having unprotected sex for a while . We weren’t trying to concieve so we used the “pull out” method . I haven’t had a period in 35 days . ( since May 4th ) & it was supposed to come on the 30th of May . Yes its regular. It is a week late this time. I’ve tested home pregnacy test and they say negative . What could this mean ?

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting us about your health care.I can understand your concerns.There are so many reas ons other than pregnancy which may cause delayed menses.The causes are stress, anxiety, excessive weight changes, exercise, hormonal changes, PCOD, fibroid, polyphonic, infection, birth control pills, thyroid disorder etc.So wait and watch for your menses and repeat test after one week.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more questions.Good luck.Regards