Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, suddenly had dark stops appear on corner of hand

Hello, suddenly had dark stops appear on corner of hand

Patient: Hello, suddenly had dark stops appear on corner of hand

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read your history. I hope you mean to say dark spots (stops).I would like to know few d etails, please.-Since when have you got these spots?- Which hand and the exact place of the hand?- Can you please send a clear photograph attached to this query or send by email, so that I can assist you more.-Please provide any history related to the present or past medical conditions, any medicines you are taking, any bleeding disorder or any incidence that led to spot formation.The possible reasons I can think of from you short question are:- Trauma- Bleeding disorders like purpura- Medicine like aspirin- Allergy to something externally touched but not noticedI hope this exercise helps us both to come to a conclusion with further detailed interaction and a picture of the hand affected.Awaiting your response.

Patient: Not sure if you received my comment, going to try again.
Yes, I meant spots not stops (autocorrect, lol). The spots are located on the top of the left hand towards the right near the wrist. They only appear on the left hand and nowhere else. I have no history of any allergies and am not taking any medication. Thanks!

Doctor: Received one-line question and the feedback just above.
Understood that spots are located on the top of left hand towards near towards the right near the wrist.
Only on left hand .
No history of allergies or medication.
would like to know few details, please.
-Since when have you got these spots?
– Can you please send a clear photograph attached to this query or send by email, so that I can assist you more.
The dark spots can be due to:
– Insect bites.
– small hemorrhages secondary to some trivial trauma.
– ITP meaning Idiopathic (where the cause can not be found out)
Any complaints like irritation, swelling, itching, or fluid collection?
Please send the clear picture of the affected hand by email so that I can assist you.
Another better way is to show the spots to your PCP or Family Physician to ”see” what exactly these are and the probable reason for development and the treatment if required or reference to the Specialist.
I hop[e this answer helps you. Please give the feedback.