Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hello there, I damaged my groin a while ago, I

Hello there, I damaged my groin a while ago, I

Patient: Hello there, I damaged my groin a while ago, I thought it would be okay so I continued to play football (that was how I injured it) however, each game I played pain began to get worse. I always thought I would be okay to play after a weeks rest but a sharp turn or an awkward landing would twinge it again, so as a result of this I decided to see an osteopath who I have been seeing on a regular basis for the past 14 weeks. His help has been great, I no longer have tension in my gluteal area and all up my right leg, however I recently returned playing as he said I should be okay, and to just build it up slowly, so I did this.. But a pain is still there, it’s very sharp and it doesn’t feel like the same pain it used to be, I’m not too sure what it is but I just want to be able to play football again properly now! Any help would be appreciated on what to do! Thanks

Doctor: