Hello there, I wondered whether you would be able to

Patient

Q: Hello there, I wondered whether you would be able to help me. I'm a 22 year old female (currently practising as a nurse)

Since September 2014 I have been experiencing cold and flu symptoms (ranging from chesty to dry coughs, sore throats, aches and pains, occasional breathlessness and blocked sinuses) this has been happening on and off (September 3 weeks, December 2 weeks, January 2 weeks).

My most recent cold started at the beginning of May (again with a chesty cough) for 4 weeks; I started to get a post nasal drip soon after (I thought my cold had stopped) and since the 15th June I have had a continuous sore throat. My tonsils are more pronounced than they normally are, I have pain between my ear and jaw, and am finding it difficult to swallow.

I'm not sure whether I should see my GP about this or not. My main concern is that I have used NSAIDS, decongestants and sprays to help, but nothing has worked; if it keeps recurring, could there be something underlying?

Symptoms:  Sore throat, tonsillitis, post nasal drip, aches and pains, ear ache
Doctor