Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, usually when I have my period I get cramps

Hello, usually when I have my period I get cramps

Patient: Hello, usually when I have my period I get cramps and throw up that’s very normal for me. But this month I’m not having cramps at all, the top of my stomach is hurting like under my chest and I’m feeling nauseous and throwing up , is this normal should I be worried about being pregnant ?

Symptoms: Throwing up , dizziness

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have had an intercourse in the previous cycle and not got periods, then there is chance of pregnancy as you have nausea and epigastric discomfort. In such a case, you will have to do a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.If negative, then it could be due to gastritis or a period related symptom which is quite possible.Kindly consult a gynecologist for an examination and meditation like antacids will help you. Drink plenty of water.Hope this helped.Regards