Hello, we had protected sex on the 12th, had spotting

Q: Hello, we had protected sex on the 12th, had spotting once on 18th, it was light red when she wiped, period expected the 25th

A:   Hi,

Thanks for the query at ATD.

I have gone through your history and understood your concerns.

As you had protected sex then the chances of pregnancy are very low in your case. Spotting could be due to hormonal changes and is indicator of starting of menses.

There could be other reasons like vaginal infection, pills, PCOD, fibroid and thyroid disorder also.

You should wait and watch for your menses.

The spotting might stop by its own, if persists then I would suggest you to go for pelvic ultrasound to rule out the cause.

Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Patient: The spotting stopped after a minute, she's had no pregnancy symptoms, but also hasn't had any cramps. Her period was 25 days last cycle
Patient: Are light cramps the start of her period?
Doctor: Hi,

Yes,light cramps could be due to starting of the menses.
So you must wait and watch for your menses.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Patient: Do implantation bleeding and cramping happen at the same time? She had spotting the 18th, started cramping the 21st. Or is this menses?
Doctor: Hi,
Usually implantation bleeding occurs at the time of expected menses.
But in your case there is almost less chances of pregnancy.
Please hit thanks.
Good luck.