Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello Yesterday I picked up my little brother only using

Hello Yesterday I picked up my little brother only using

Patient: Hello. Yesterday I picked up my little brother only using my back instead of using my legs. I still have pain in my back. It doesn’t hurt too bad. Should I go see my doctor or try home remedies and treatments?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.You can try the following for a while.Rest the back and do not strain it for the nex t few days.Ice the back for 15 minutes at a time and keep it off ice for 45 mins at a timeMassage the back to help youBrufen tablets and gel will help you to reduce the swellingTry this for 3 days, and if the pain does not reduce, see a Doctor as you may have torn some ligaments. Hope this helps you. All the best.