HELLP Syndrome pregnancy

Patient

Q: I have previously been pregnant 3 times. My last child was born at 32 weeks due to a severe case of hellp syndrome, in which my doctor said he should of caught sooner and my symptoms wouldn't have been that bad and I could have prolonged the pregnancy a little further. My question is if I'm under a close watch with a high risk specialist and in better care would I risk myself or the child since I've already had hellp in a pregnancy already?

Doctor

A:   Hello
One has to understand that the chances of HELLP syndrome in the subsequent pregnancy is increased by 15 per cent and yes of course if the follow up and close watch is maintained under a high risk specialist then the risks are calculated .
During the pregnancy , strict monitoring protocol has to be followed from 28 weeks pregnancy onwards when 2 weekly blood profile with liver function tests and platelet count, along with urine proteins and urine routine microscopy weekly. Biophysical profile from 32 weeks onwards and termination of pregnancy as soon as the parameters are deranged.

I hope i have answered your query,
wishing you good health,
regards