Help

Patient

Q: I got got diagnosed w seizures last Thursday and they put me on topamax 25mg 2x per day they asked about if I took birth control pills but I don't I have the nexplanon in my arm... Any way 2 days later I had unprotected sex because I didn't know topamax could lower the protection of the nexplanon implant because most things don't effect it like they do the pills... Now I'm kind of in a panic... Could 2 days of me taking topamax at that low of a dose put me at risk of getting pregnant... And does topamax really effect nexplanon??

Symptoms:  Just worried after reading side effects to new med
Doctor