Help! asap please

Patient

Q: My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last thursday but was only 3 seconds long because i stopped him and he didn't cum. and that was my first time and i didn't bleed or hurt or anything. my period was due 2 days ago, ive been exercising a lot this month before it even happened and because it happened i have been stressing and maybe thats why its delayed. But i don't know and i need answers. could i be pregnant?

Symptoms:  sore throat, cramped once
Doctor

A:   Its highly unlikely that you could be pregnant especially as your boy friend did not ejaculate inside your vagina.
Delayed menses can be caused by a variety of reasons other than pregnancy. Hormonal imbalances, weight fluctuations, thyroid illness, polycystic ovaries etc. are all causes of delayed menses. Strenuous physical activity can also lead to a delay in your periods or make your periods irregular and too much of exercise may have caused the delay in your case as you rightly mentioned.
To know the exact reason for the delayed menses you will have to consult a gynecologist or a local doctor. The doctor will examine you and will probably advice certain hormonal evaluations, ultrasound examinations to determine the cause of delayed periods. As long as the delay is less than 3 weeks most doctors will not advice any medications. If however the absence of menses or amenorrhea persists for longer than 3 months, it definitely warrants an investigation.
Withdrawing before ejaculation is however not a reliable method of contraception if in the future you choose to have regular intercourse. To avoid such distress in the future, I strongly urge you to use protection or any other form of birth control regularly. Visit a family planning clinic or a contraception counselor and discuss the benefits and use of contraception especially emergency contraceptive or morning after pills. This will help you to stay protected and to avoid unnecessary stress.