Help! Could I be pregnant again?

Q: I am 19 and I just had a baby about 2 and a half months ago. I had sex once since then and have not started my period back up after I had stopped bleeding. Just recently I have experienced some mild cramping and watery clear discharge. Is there a possibility that I am pregnant again?

Symptoms:  Mild cramping, clear watery discharge

A:   Thank you for question. It is indeed possible to get pregnant during time frame after giving birth. In fact, even if you are breast feeding, there is still a possibility for become pregnant. During the post partum period, you may go without a regular menstrual period. Furthermore, you may also ovulate in the absence or before a regular menstrual period. It is important that you follow up with your doctor and conduct a pregnancy test to be certain whether or not you have become pregnant yet again.

We hope we have addressed your concern.