Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Help determining if pregnant

Help determining if pregnant

Patient: Hi,i need help in determining whether the bleeding i just endured was my menstrual period or implantation bleeding,i also have other symptoms id like some answers.

Symptoms: Severe bloating,constipation,temporary sore and tender breasts,mild cramps,period was 5 days late then came but only lasted for 2 days,headaches,nausea sometimes,back hurts sometimes,gassy,recent symptom metallic taste in mouth just occurred.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the question.Yes the bleeding that you experienced for two days were your periods and should be counted as your fresh LMP.The symptoms of bloating, constipation, tender breasts, and mild cramps indicate Premenstrual syndrome which may start 5 days prior to the onset of menses and usually subside with the end of menses.So what you had was PMS.I hope i have answered your query.regards