Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Help finding medicine for add/adhd. can u help

Help finding medicine for add/adhd. can u help

Patient: I have been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. My doctor put me on Adderall. It did not work. I was wondering what other medications are out there that work.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.Other than adderall, methylphenidate and bupropion are the other two drugs which are as effective as adderall. If you did not have improvement over adderall, then you may opt for the other two medicines which may help you with your symptoms. Do discuss these options with your treating doctor.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!