Help for Capsulitis/Neuromas

Q: I injured my foot 8/5/2014, resting it on the chair's thin metal bar. Similar to what runners get. A Podiatrist diagnosed capsulitis and gave me a steroid injection which in turn caused 2 neuromas on either side. I then had intense nerve pain and swelling, and my 2nd toe was bent and had no strength. I alternated between a walking boot and crutches. Initially my foot and up to my knee was red but has gradually returned to somewhat normal. The area on the ball of my foot immediately behind the toes is purple. An Orthopedist prescribed an anti-inflammitory cream to help the neuromas but since having him manipulate it I have what feels like another capsulitis behind a different toe. Of the three doctors I've seen I've come out worse than I went in. I would like to know if, with care, this problem will ever go away on its own. Thank you.

Symptoms:  Nerve pain between toes, ball of foot purple, lump behind 4th toe. Can now place foot flat on floor but cannot rock forward to walk normally.