Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Help growing taller at 18 years of age.

Help growing taller at 18 years of age.

Patient: I heard from my grandma (a nurse) and she said that a doctor said that you can grow taller until about the age of 21 (assuming he meant male humans). I was wondering how to maximize my height growth and which supplements to take for hgh stimulation. I’m taking l-arginine/l-lysine/l-ornithine pill because I heard if taken all together you can increase your growth hormone by 700%.Do you guys know any supplements that I can take to increase hgh for height growth? Thanks.

Doctor: Yes, your grandmother told was right, humans an grow till the age of 21, till the bones forms or rather fuse completely. Many foods rich with proteins can increase your height. Few stretching exercises, yoga will help you gain height, but it is mostly dependent on genetics, food and health.