Help!!! herpes outbreak

Patient : I was diagnosed with herpes about 10 years go, this is the first time i am having a recurrent outbreak that just wont go away, gets a bit better then starts all over again.. its been 30 plus days is this normal?
Symptoms:  Blisters, pain urinating
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Recurrent herpes outbreaks are not uncommon, and may be due to the fact that this is your v ery first outbreak. We recommend that continue with your antiviral medication (Valtrex), and report back to your doctor should this outbreak does not resolve within the next 7-10 days. Once this outbreak clears, you may need to consider taking a suppressive medication which can be taken daily to prevent outbreaks. This needs to be discussed with your doctor after a thorough examination is performed to determine your candidacy for this medication. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com