Help! I have random "bites" on my legs and no evidence of bed bugs!

Patient

Q: I am in need of some medical advice.

About two weeks ago I noticed a small bite? on my left bicep. Since it was only one, I didn't think it was a big deal.

Maybe a few days later I noticed about 3 more bites? on my left ankle and one on my right ankle. That's when it started to get my attention.

A few more days went by and I noticed a major itch on the inside of my left calf. It was really red and about the size of a quarter. Panicking, I went to the drug store and bought benadryl. It helped to calm down the redness until...

Yesterday, I woke up with welts or bites going up my left leg and welts and bites all over my right ankle. Last night I noticed that the bites or welts were blistering. I have also been having an allergy related illness.

Meanwhile, before the bites, I woke up to a random bug on my pillow a few weeks ago and killed it. I saw nothing for about a week or so and saw another on on my blanket.

Freaking out yesterday about the bites or welts all over me, I investigated my entire room, mattress, bed frame, etc and only found one dead bug on my mattress.

I have never seen more than one bug at a time and I also took a flashlight and a credit card to my entire mattress and found no evidence of bed bugs.

The bug I found was bigger than an apple seed I would say and they say they are typically that size or smaller.

I also have just recently took over a lease right before Christmas and have not had any problems like this before.

Help!! I feel like I am going crazy!

Symptoms:  Sneezing, Runny Nose, Dry Throat, Itching, Welts, Blisters, Dizzyness.
Doctor