Help, i need a doctor's advice ,it might get serious

Patient : I think i have an anemia.. and what should i do to treat it? i want to treat it right away, i dont want to visit a doctor for check-up its way to expensive. i think this site is very helpful. tnx and godbless
Symptoms:  Symptoms.: dizziness , numb legs
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern. But the treatment of Anemia, depends on its cause and the level of hemoglobin. If the hemoglobin level is very low one requires blood transfusion and evaluation of the cause of this severe anemia. I would recommend following tests: 1. Hemogram with General Blood picture. 2. Kidney function test. These two are the basic tests to be done before we start anyone on treatment. In general you should increase green leafy vegetables, soaked gram, fruits, milk in the diet. Hope this helps. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy

Related Q&A

Q: Anemia from mercaptopurine and mesalamine interaction. Iron saturation normal. Other iron level drop. Condition not i...

Q: Hello, I recently noticed that my nails have no moon and that they have a somewhat of a paleness white area to them f...

Q: I have blood clots in my leg at the top of the thigh in the femoral artery. I also have the factor 5 .I was put on X...

Q: 4.5 years ago, after my 3rd child was born, I had massive blood loss and needed an iron infusion. I had a slight alle...

Q: So I recently found out my ferritin was low only because my hair started to fall out. Every year I go for a blood te...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon