Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Help I’m trying to lose weight I get craving late

Help I’m trying to lose weight I get craving late

Patient: Help. I’m trying to lose weight. I get craving late at night and I try to snack on fruit and veg so as not to give in. Can you tell me if I will gain because of the fruit or make progress?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comCan you give me your detailed diet history because of that?Late night cravings indicate there is something wrong in your diet, and we should first focus on correcting that.Generally, fruits or veggies do not really give you a lot of carbs or fat, and hence, there is not much chances of weight gain.Still, I would comment once I have a complete history.Feel free to discuss further,Regards.