Help - lump on tonsil during 'flu'.

Patient : Lump on tonsil - help! I've had the flu and a mild fever for a few days now... including being unable to sleep properly... and while that seems to be breaking, there is a large lump on one of my tonsils that I feel -all the time-. It's making it hard to sleep and it's very hard to swallow anything that isn't fluid. Is there a way to shrink these things? Like a salt gargle? Quickly or slow... or am I going to have to go to a doctor for antibiotics or something?
Symptoms:  Coughing, sneezing, sleepness, struggle to swallow heavy foods, fever, aches, weak muscles, incontinence, struggling to speak
Help - lump on tonsil durin...-1