Help me determine my virus

Patient

Q: I went to the ER and the doctor said I have a virus but I don't know what virus I have.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. You have not described your symptoms to us so we are unable to determine what type of infection you have which lead you to go to the ER. Viral infections can lead to gastrointestinal infections, upper respiratory tract infections, meningitis, or even sexually transmitted infections. Please write us with more detail on your symptoms so we can advise you to the best of our expertise.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com