Help me diagnose what is wrong with my throat

Patient

Q: I know that I have tonsil stones but I have been a little under the weather and think I might have Strep throat, my throat hurts every morning when I wake up and my chest is tight where mucus drains in my chest I have had had strep throat quiet a few times but not in a long time could you please help me diagnose myself

Symptoms:  Coughing, sneezing, sore throat
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query to ATD

It is not uncommon to have frequent tonsillar and upper respiratory infections.
The cause of sore throat most of the time is due to allergy and viral infection, it may sometimes get super added with bacterial infection.
You are advised to consult your doctor who may examine and investigate you for confirming streptococcal infection. but common is staphylococcal infection.
Doctor may start drug sensitive antibiotics, anti allergics and painkillers.
If your tonsils are becoming frequent site of harboring infection ( recurrent tonsillitis), your doctor may advise you tonsillectomy.