Help me find answers for my daughter sysmptoms

Patient

Q: My daughter symptoms are headache,nausea ,fatigue ,chills,fever,body aches

Symptoms:  Headache,nausea,fatigue,chills,fever,body aches,chest congestion
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Your daugther's symptoms are consistent with the influenza infection (flu). This is a viral infection that produces symptoms that she is experiencing. Treatment of this infection is usually supportive with medication to reduce the fever and body aches, as well as cough and congestion. It is possible that her symptoms could have been caused by a bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract. In order to determine the exact infection she has it would be best to have her examined by a doctor to determine if she requires treatment with antibiotic or antiviral medication. We wish her a speedy recovery.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com