Help me find out please


Q: I have irregular cycles and I always come on every 3 months but this time it hasn't come on yet and I took a test and it was negative what could possibly be wrong?

Symptoms:  I have been have stomach pains

A:   Hello,
Thanks for the query.

Oligomenorrhoea or delayed menses in reproductive age group are more often associated with PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome. This is associated with delayed menses, hirsutism or increased bodily hair growth and polycystic ovaries on ultrasound. This is commonly associated with obesity and hence causes increased insulin resistance which prevents ovulation. Such women have infertility issues most commonly. It is necessary that you should get a hormonal profile done to check for hyperandrogenemia and an ultrasound pelvis for cos. If detected then you would have to be placed on regular oral combined contraceptive pills for a period of 6 months to regularize your cycles.
Please visit your Physician soon for complete Gyne-evaluation.

Related Q&A

Q: What to take if you dont want to be pregnant and your period hasn't come for a month

Q: I rubbed my penis over my girlfriend's vagina. I did not ejaculate. It was covered in pre-ejaculate though and I had ...

Q: Hi I'm a 17 year old female and two weeks ago I started taking the contraceptive pill. Unfortunately I wasn't infor...

Q: If I my girlfriend and I were grinding naked during ovulation or the day before and I had Precum on my finger and fin...

Q: Had sex on day 14/15 of my cycle which is usually 27/28 days. We used a condom but it broke . He wasn't near ejacula...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon