Help me find out some imformation about my body

Q: Is it bad to have sex while on your period

A:   Some people may feel uncomfortable having sex during a woman's monthly period because it can be messy, and the presence of blood can be off-putting. Some people may also oppose it on religious grounds. Historically, certain religious belief prevented people from having sex during periods. The feeling of "being unclean" or "dirty" may have caused the same. Medically, having sex during the menses is not unsafe and is permissible if certain issues are kept in mind. Chance of infection is more through the opening of uterus. During menstruation, the cervix expands more than usual to allow blood flow. This creates a pathway for bacteria and viruses to travel into the female’s uterus and pelvic regions and transmit an STI. Also, the vagina has a lower acidity at this time, which puts the female at a greater risk of a yeast or bacterial infection. Using a condom is thus recommended. The chance of pregnancy is very low; almost nil if the period is regular and on a scheduled date. However, it is very unlikely, but you can still get pregnant if you have unprotected sex during your period if you have irregular periods and ovulate early. This is because sperm can survive inside a woman’s body for up to seven days. Although the risk is small, it could happen. Using a condom is wiser that way also.
On the contrary, there are many benefits to having sex during menstruation and many crafty ways to avoid the mess! The most simple and common way to avoid a mess during sexual intercourse is to place a towel or cloth underneath the female in missionary position (female on her back, male on top). Many people are surprised to see just how little blood actually leaks out! It is also possible to have sex in other positions, such as female on top, but there is the possibility of more leakage due to gravity. In either of these positions, it is a good idea to keep some soft tissues nearby just in case.
Some women report eased symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and decreased cramps after having sex during their periods. It is postulated that the hormones that your body releases during sex (such as oxytocin) help relieve the menstrual cramps, depression, and irritability associated with PMS.
In general sexual intercourse during menstruation is a completely natural and safe act and causes no harm to either partner if the precautions are kept in mind. Please seek personalised advice from your doctor if you have any specific medical issues in mind.