Help me i am freaking out

Patient

Q: Hi good morning. Yesterday I notice some small round bumps like grapes on my perineum and am worried. What does this mea? How fast do I need to go a doctor?

Symptoms:  Icthing
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may have developed external hemorrhoids in this area. This is caused by swollen veins that protrude out the anal canal. They can become very painful, itchy, or infected. We believe that it would be best that you ere on the side of caution and have your doctor examine the area. Depending on the severity of these hemorrhoids, the initial step would be to treat them with topical antiinflammatory cream, which will reduce their size, and treat the itching. If they remain, they may need to be surgically removed.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com