Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Help me I dont know if i could be pregnant

Help me I dont know if i could be pregnant

Patient: I have been nauseous for 3 weeks no vomiting breasts are tender nipples are sore and swollen acid reflex comes and goes and having really bad mood swings what could be the problem

Symptoms: Nauseous. Acid reflex. Mood swings. Tender breasts. Sore nipples. Swollen nipples.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Mood swings, breast tenderness etc symptoms can be seen during the premenstrual phase.The duration of these symptoms can vary from person to person.Usually in 30’s these symptoms can start one to two weeks before expected date of periods.If you have any history of unprotected intercourse during the time of ovulation, there is a possibility of pregnancy.If you miss your expected date of periods, go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.If the possibility of pregnancy is not there, you can take treatment for premenstrual syndrome with your doctor’s advice.Decreasing salt, sugar, caffeine in diet and taking vitamin supplements, evening primerose oil supplements etc can help in relieving these symptoms to some extent.Take care.