Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Help me, I Have Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections.

Help me, I Have Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections.

Patient: I think i have a urinary tract infection. is it normal to have an uncontrollable bladder during it?

Doctor: The symptoms of a urinary tract infection are burning sensation during urination, increased frequency of urination (unco ntrollable bladder), fever, discharge, foul smell and cloudy urine color. You also have mentioned that you have kidney stones, these can become a source of infection and may be the cause of recurrent urinary infections.I would advise you to get your urine tested for infection and go to your physician for antibiotics and see whether the kidney stones could be the cause of the problem. In the meantime drink plenty of water and stay well hydrated. Take care.