Help me!? I'm so confused as of what's going on.

Q: I've been having pregnancy symptoms for about a week now and my breast are really sore and blue veins are starting to show in them that haven't before, I'm thinking I'm pregnant because why else would they do this out of nowhere? Do you think I could be? Why else would my breast be doing this?

Symptoms:  Sore swollen breast, nausea, fatigue, increase in appetite.

A:   An unprotected intercourse results in pregnancy only when a woman is in her so called "Fertile Period". The fertile period of a woman is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period. Ovulation may not occur at a predictable time in the menstrual cycle, however. A number of factors may cause an unexpectedly early or late ovulation, even for women with a history of regular menstrual cycles.

A pregnancy test attempts to determine whether a woman is pregnant. Markers that indicate pregnancy are found in urine and blood, and pregnancy tests require sampling one of these substances. Most chemical tests for pregnancy look for the presence of the beta subunit of hCG, or human chorionic gonadotropin, in the blood or urine. hCG can be detected in urine or blood after implantation, which occurs six to twelve days after fertilization.
The sore swollen breasts, nausea, fatigue and increase in appetite that you are experiencing is not normal and may be related to some other medical problem also, that can only be detected by a physician after a check-up. You may, however, get a home pregnancy test done, if you have missed a period already; do discuss the result at the doctor visit.