Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Help me itchy skin & tingly nose

Help me itchy skin & tingly nose

Patient: Hi. About a month ago I had a cold or flu ( Never went to the doctor) & it lasted about 2-3 weeks. Once it was starting to clear up I came out in what I thought was cold sores around & inside my nose, from blowing my nose to much. ( Is what I though ) The sores lasted about 2 months give or take a few days, they came out looking like pimples/small blisters & once/if I picked them they bled & then crusted over & felt dry & sore with cracked skin around the nostrils. This was also followed by a prickling sensation all over my legs. I also feel pricking sensation all over, just not as bad as my legs. My face keeps breaking out in pimples that I’ve never had a problem with before. & Today I was working out & my nose started tingling for about 5 minutes & then it stopped. After it felt like spots were in my nose & itched for a few minutes. If it helps I’m 27 & weigh 68kg. Thank you for your help 🙂

Symptoms: Itching all over, mainly the nose & legs. Numb/tingly nose

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition called Atopic dermatitis.It is an allergic condition of the skin characterised by dry itchy skin with a history of recurrent running nose.Excessive runny nose leads to secondary infection due to abraded and injured skin.In such cases, regular course of oral antihistaminics like levocetirizine is advised.For dry itchy skin, application of moisturiser is also advised.In highly recurrent cases of running nose, nasal sprays like fluticasone also help.Visit your Doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care.