HELP Me please im in agony

Q: For the past couple days my throat has been raw. It eases off for a little in the day then gets progressively worse at night. Its agony to swallow or yawn,my nose is blocked I have agonising ear ache I know it not the flu because I dealt with that,that was mainly coughing. I haven't felt pain like this before. Please tell me what's going on and how I can cure it. Also will it be contagious because I need to go to work and cant be going if its contagious.

Symptoms:  Blocked nose,blocked ears and ear ache,really sore throat,hurts to swallow and yawn and eat