Help me to decide what to do next.

Patient

Q: Hello Sir,
On October end I had a severe throat infection. I had high fever and the fever continued for 5 days. The throat infection is not there anymore, but the lymph tissues on the left side is painful from collarbone to below the ear. I have a mild ear pain. My left ear also itches much. I have consulted a GP. She told that the infection is still there and advised me antibiotics. She told that the lymph tissues may get damaged in 1-2 days but may take 3-4 months to recover. Will the pain stay for the next 3-4 months? 2 hours after taking the antibiotics the pain goes away, but comes back as soon as the effects of the medicine wears away. The ear pain gets more when out in the cold. I do not have any problem while swallowing or drinking. Rather I feel less pain at those times. The pains that I described is felt more while normal gulping. What should I do next? Kindly advice.

With Regards
Samrat Chowdhury

Symptoms:  Symptoms: Itchy feeling at the back of the throat sometimes. Cough sometimes. Ear Pain
Doctor