Help me to understand the mentioned symptom

Patient

Q: Hi, Just wanted to know that feeling sad for more than 6 months, losing interest in everything, lack of appetite and sleep, crying for no particular reason forgetting things, not being able to concentrate or understand things easily and constant thoughts of ending life, are these signs of depression???Should a person with all these symptoms needs a psychiatrist??? Please reply asap.

Symptoms:  Depression
Doctor

Thanks for the query.;

If you are still experiencing depressive symptoms as loss of appetite, decreased interest, irritability, feel like crying often , lack of concentration and suicidal feelings , then yes, you are in need for being evaluated by a Neurophysician soon. Postpartum depression starts immediately within 3 days after the delivery and not take months to manifest. This may be an isolated cause and unrelated to delivery or post part. In either case, such symptoms need to be evaluated and you may need to be placed on antipsychotic medications as well.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,

Wishing you good health,