Help My wife and I were having IVF treatment I

Patient

Q: Help. My wife and I were having IVF treatment. I was told to administer Cetrotide in the morning. However, I accidentally administered it in the evening when it is meant for Gonal-f.

Will there be any adverse effect?

Will the whole process has to be terminated?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

A single injection of CETROLIDE or CETRORELIX which is a GNrh ANTAGONIST is not going to harm at all, however tomorrows injection can be taken after 12 hrs to prevent any OHSS or hyper stimulation syndrome. You may use GONAL-F after 4 hrs of cetrorelix and it should take care of your accidental administration of cetrorelix in evening.

So please follow it up through a follicular monitoring ultrasound study tomorrow and the next dose can be adjusted accordingly under the supervision of your gynecologist / ivf expert.
I hope i have answered your query.
Wishing you good health,
Regards,