Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Help My wife and I were having IVF treatment I

Help My wife and I were having IVF treatment I

Patient: Help. My wife and I were having IVF treatment. I was told to administer Cetrotide in the morning. However, I accidentally administered it in the evening when it is meant for Gonal-f.Will there be any adverse effect?Will the whole process has to be terminated?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,A single injection of CETROLIDE or CETRORELIX which is a GNrh A NTAGONIST is not going to harm at all, however tomorrows injection can be taken after 12 hrs to prevent any OHSS or hyper stimulation syndrome. You may use GONAL-F after 4 hrs of cetrorelix and it should take care of your accidental administration of cetrorelix in evening.So please follow it up through a follicular monitoring ultrasound study tomorrow and the next dose can be adjusted accordingly under the supervision of your gynecologist / ivf expert.I hope i have answered your query.Wishing you good health,Regards,