Help on when conception occured

Patient

Q: Hi im in my 12th week of pregnancy and im trying to figure out my concepection date. I had sex on the 1st of oct. Im wondering if it was that sex or a later sex. My due date is july 6, 2015 confirmed by ultrasound at 8weeks. Thanks for your help this is very important for me to know.

Doctor

The most important thing for calculating dates is your last menstrual period which you haven't mentioned. Ultrasonological inferences and dating often has a discrepancy of 10-15%.Also important is your length of cycle and if its regular or not.
Any ways considering the ultrasonological age , your lmp by naegle's formula should be 29 september 2014.Considering this you were in your safe period on 1 oct, and definitely cannot conceive the. Hence a sex later during or near ovulation in that cycle has caused this pregnancy.
i hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you safe pregnancy,
regards