Help question on metronidazole pill

Patient

Q: I had to take metronidazole pill form for 7 days and I finished today my last pill. New years eve is tomorrow can I drink?

Symptoms:  Had a bacterial infection
Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
Well, metronidazole cross reacts with alcohol and the effect of metronidazole generally lasts for 4-7 days after stopping the medicines. So it would be wise to skip the alcohol on this new year eve.
If at all you take alcohol and develop any side-effects, do drink plenty of water to flush out the troubling metabolites (acetaldehyde) of alcohol.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!