Help to understand my MRI results please!

Q: Hi, ive just got back my results from a MRI scan on my lower back.I was given a copy of the letter pass on to my physio, I don't really understand it, would you please explain it to me.Its says L5/S1 there is a disc degeneration with right-sided focal protrusion indenting the theca, in contact with, but not impinging the right S1 root.The facet joints are normal. Normal central foramina.

the other lumbar disc are normal

There is minor bilateral facet joint hypertrophy at L3-4 and L4-5 .I have no idea what this means>

Symptoms:  Lower back pain and just above the waist.In a lot of pain when moving about