Help to understand Shoulder MRI findings

Q: I had an MRI of shoulder it says type II SLAP lesion with an adjacent paralabral cyst.? ROTATOR CUFF TENDINOSIS? TYPE II ACROMION? ACROMION IS MINMALLY CURVED ?? Its been 6 months I get pain comes n goes,how long can I hold off on surgery and if so what damage can I do,I am an athlete,what damage am I risking by waiting ??

A:    There is a part of the rotator cuff tendon that passes under the acromion in a sort of channel between the articular capsule and the subacromial-subdeltoid bursa , and if the acromion is “downsloping” the resulting narrowing in this space will involve the Rotator Cuff tendon causing its inflammation (tendinitis or tendinosis). The lesion, then, results mainly from repeated impingement of the rotator cuff tendon against different structures of the glenohumeral (shoulder) joint.The conservative treatment of the degenerative rotator cuff involves: avoidance of painful motions and activities, anti-inflammatory medications, manual physical therapy, stretching of the glenohumeral capsule and muscles, subacromial corticosteroid injection, and a new promising procedure called the bupivacaine suprascapular nerve block. If you experience poor or no improvement with these conservative treatments, then the surgery might be considered as a treatment option in order to avoid more damage of the tendon.