Help! Trying to Concieve

Q: The gp thinks i may have PCOS.. she has prescribed me norethisterone 5mg 3x daily.. i am trying to conceive.. will this defer it? or help it?

A:   Thank you for your query.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a problem in which a woman's hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS also may cause unwanted changes in the way you look. If it isn't treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. The doctor may have prescribed the drug nor ethisterone to regularise your cycles, if your planning to conceive you can discuss your gp of your plans & take the pill from day 16 to day 25 of the menstrual cycle which can help you conceive & provide a support to the pregnancy.
Hope that answers your query .Have a Goodday.