Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Help, will i die? caffine overdose?

Help, will i die? caffine overdose?

Patient: Im 14yrs old, I drank 5 bottles of lucazade yesterday, that night I started feeling ill; headaches, dizzy, confused, fuzzy eyes and short of breath… The next morning g I was alright however tonight I’m staying to feel ill again not as bad tho… I know it was really stupid and I will not be doing it again however I just want to know what to do? Will I die? When will it stop?? Thanks

Symptoms: Short of breath, head aches, worried…

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.The symptoms of caffeine intoxication, that you go t by drinking of excess of lucazade, may stay for 24-48 hours. Mostly by morrow morning the symptoms should have settled down. However, if it still persists, then it could be something else like a flue or a gastritis. But mostly by tomorrow morning, you would be fine. Do meet your doctor if the symptoms persist tomorrow as well.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!