Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Help with Acne keloidalis nuchae

Help with Acne keloidalis nuchae

Patient: I have acne keloidalis nuchae.. my doctor have prescribe ketoconazole, metronidazole and derma-smooth …but i still have it.. What would you subject me ask the doctor to prescribe..

Doctor: Acne Keloidalis Nuchae is a condition in which infected, ingrown hairs occur due to hair shave and is marked by acne-lik e pustules. In addition to antibiotics for the treatment of infection, steroids may be prescribed to prevent further progress. Isotretinoin may be considered to arrest rapid progression of the condition. You should avoid short haircuts, close shaving and tight-fitting collared shirts. Proper hair hygiene with avoidance of the use of oily or greasy hair applications would certainly help.