Help with balanitis

Q: Hi, I'm a 31 year old male and always had a problem with phimosis, I can usually retract my foreskin in a flaccid state but during an erection, it usually cause a lot of pain and discomfort if I keep the foreskin fully retracted.

About 2-3 days ago, I noticed that my foreskin was swollen and it was nearly impossible to pull back the foreskin. After great pain in the shower, I finally managed to do so, creating little cuts on the outside of the foreskin as well. I noticed a lot of white flaky matter stuck to the glands and head of my penis, I washed it off, dried it and put the foreskin back in place. Almost immediately, there was a cloudy discharge.

Did some research online and thought it might be balanitis. Went to the local pharmacy and they gave me a anti-bacterial wash and some anti-biotics. Been about 3 days now, taking the anti-biotics and washing with the anti-bacterial wash but haven't seen any changes.

The foreskin is still swollen so it makes it quite painful to pull back and wash in the shower and after urination. My question is this normal for balanitis? How long does it usually last given the course of medication I'm on, or could it be something else? Please help.