Help with endometeriosis

Patient

Q: I'm having diagnostic laparoscopy Friday, if any complications such as not being able to urinate occur, will they keep me overnight?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for the query. It is possible to have complications from any surgery, anesthesia related and surgery related complication can happen.It is possible to have urine retention post a laparoscopy, though a rare complication.Yes, there are possibilities to keep you overnight, the decision depends on the complication and the opinion of the surgeon who has treated you
Hope this helped